- What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data placed on the computer of a user by a website.
Webpages have no memory. A user who surfs from page to page within a website is not recognised as the same user across pages. Cookies enable the user's browser to be recognised by the website. Therefore, cookies are mainly used to remember the choices a user has made (e.g., remembering the language you speak), or to recognise recurring visitors to the site.
- Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookies used for different purposes. Cookies can be distinguished by function, lifetime and the party that places them.
GolfVoyager.com offers its users an advanced and user friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, our website uses 2 types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to log you in and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are strictly necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use our website efficiently and effectively, for example by remembering your preferred currency and language, your searches and the accommodation you have viewed earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you as a user and enhance your experience.
- To gain insight into how our users use the website, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimise and improve the website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant for our users, we use analytics cookies. The data we gather includes the viewed web pages, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp information and details like the number of (mouse) clicks on a given page, mouse movements, scrolling activity and the (search) words you use and the text you type while using our website. This information is anonymised as we really only need statistics.
- How long do Golfvoyager.com cookies stay active?
Golfvoyager.com uses several cookies, with a varying lifespan. The maximum lifespan we set on some of them is 5 years. All cookies can be erased from the browser when desired.
- How do I recognise Golfvoyager.com cookies?
You can find the Golfvoyager.com cookies in your browser settings.
- Who has access to Golfvoyager.com cookie data?
Only Golfvoyager.com has access to the cookie data of Golfvoyager.com. Please note that from time to time, we may use third party service providers for marketing analysis and quality improvement purposes. Cookies placed by third parties may be accessed by these third parties.
- Does Golfvoyager.com monitor my online behaviour?
No. Golfvoyager.com statistically analyses the behaviour of all users only on our own website. You may receive ads from Golfvoyager.com on different sites (retargeting), which is based on your history on our website. This information is anonymous. We do not follow your behaviour outside of Golfvoyager.com.
- How can I manage my cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome) you can set which cookies to accept and reject. It depends on your brand of browser where these settings are located. Using the "Help" function in your browser, you can locate the relevant settings.
- Please note that if you do not accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functionality of our website. Please also note that opting out of an advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
- Why we process your personal data
Golfvoyager.com processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Making reservations via the Website.
- Evaluating your stay at a location booked through the Website, and placing this evaluation on the Website (only with your consent).
- Informing you about interesting offers (only with your consent).
- We may also use your personal data to detect fraud and/or other illegal acts aimed at Golfvoyager.com.
Golfvoyager.com collects the following personal data: your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card details and, to the extent available, reservation preferences and smoking preference. This information is required to process, book and complete your reservation.
Golfvoyager.com may also process data about your computing device such as IP address, browser type, and (for users of our service through a mobile device) Unique Device Identifier, operating system, application version and latitude/longitude. These data are typically non identifying or anonymised, but may nevertheless be considered personal data either by themselves or when combined. In these cases the data will be processed in accordance with European data protection law.
Under certain conditions Golfvoyager.com may transfer your personal data to the following third parties:
- The Golf Course tee time you booked
For the purpose of completing your booking we will disclose your name and payment details to the relevant Golf Club with which a tee time booking is made. We will only provide those elements to the facility that are required for it to process your reservation.
- By completing a booking, you agree to be invited to complete our guest review form. If you wish, the review can be completed anonymously. By completing the guest review, you agree that it can be used on our Website on the relevant information page and on other such platforms and social media (wholly or partly) owned, controlled, managed or hosted by us or our trusted business partners for the sole purpose of informing future customers on the service level and quality of the relevant accommodation. We reserve the right to adjust, refuse or remove review forms at our sole discretion. The guest review form should be regarded as a survey and does not include any commercial offers, invitations or incentives whatsoever.
From time to time, we may use third party service providers as data processors for the purposes specified above. For example, we may use service providers to send reservation information to accommodations electronically. Processing by these third parties takes place under our instruction. These parties are bound by data processing agreements and confidentiality agreements.
We may share and disclose your personal details and information to a government or investigative authority if required by law (or any regulation having the force of law), legal process, criminal investigation, Court Order or subpoena. Golfvoyager.com may also disclose your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection and prosecution of criminal acts.
In accordance with European data protection laws, strict security procedures are observed within Golfvoyager.com to prevent personal data misuse and unauthorised access.
You always have the right to review the personal data you have stored with us. You can request your personal data by emailing us at: email@example.com. . Please write "Request personal data" as the subject line of your email.
Golfvoyager.com is the data controller for the processing the personal data. Golfvoyager.com is the trading name of Golf Voyager Limited a private limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Ireland and has its offices at Brickhill East, Cratloe, County Clare Ireland.. If you have any suggestions or remarks about this privacy statement, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org